The Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection (A-CAPP) is the first and preeminent academic body focusing upon the complex global issues of anti-counterfeiting and product protection of all products, across all industries, in all markets on strategies to work effectively to detect, deter, and respond to the crime.
Brand owners, government agencies, professional associations, and others all share in the challenge of responding to counterfeit goods and product protection issues. A-CAPP is an independent, interdisciplinary evidence-based hub, offering research, educational programs, information, and partnership opportunities designed to assist in protecting brands and products of all industries worldwide.
Described by the FBI as the crime of the 21st century, product counterfeiting accounts for an estimated $600 billion in global trade and wreaks dire global health, safety and economic consequences on individuals, corporations, government and society. Through the A-CAPP and its partners, you will find information designed to help you navigate the strategic, technological, legislative, and legal challenges of anti-counterfeiting and product protection programs.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the A-CAPP Center Collaborate Against Product Counterfeiting
- In partnership with Underwriters Laboratories, the A-CAPP Center releases "Brand Protection 2020.....
- A-CAPP welcomes Leah Evert-Burks as an A-CAPP Industry Fellow
- Through support provided by CropLife International, A-CAPP authors a new paper on ocean-going transportation intermediaries
- A-CAPP partner authors new research on close-consumer brand connections and counterfeiting
- Jeremy Wilson speaks on globalEDGE Business Beat on "Protecting Your Company Against Counterfeiting
- A-CAPP releases new Backgrounder, "The Global Risk of Product Counterfeiting: Facilitators of the Criminal Opportunity"
- A-CAPP releases new Paper Series, "Brand Protection as a Total Business Solution"
- ACAPP releases new Backgrounder, "The Role of Packaging in Brand Protection"
- A-CAPP article "Who Are the Guardians in Product Counterfeiting? A Theoretical Application of Routine Activities..." published.
- A-CAPP releases new Backgrounder, "The Nexus Between Terrorism and U.S. Product Counterfeiting
- A-CAPP signs MOU with China's Quality Brands Protection Committee (QBPC)