A-CAPP and China's Quality Brand Protection Committee (QBPC) sign a Memo of Understanding to foster international cooperation in education and research in product counterfeiting and product protection.
NEW EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FROM A-CAPP
Academic courses: "Introduction to Product Counterfeiting" & "Understanding Product Counterfeiting". Courses are open to current MSU students, lifelong MSU students and working professionals. Both can be completed online. Registration now open! (Click here for more details)
Executive Education Seminars: 3-part seminar, "Developing Product and Brand Protection Programs". Seminars open current and future working professionals. Register NOW!-class size is limited. (Click here for more details)
The Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection (A-CAPP) is the first and preeminent academic body focusing upon the complex global issues of anti-counterfeiting and product protection of all products, across all industries, in all markets on strategies to work effectively to detect, deter, and respond to the crime.
Brand owners, government agencies, professional associations, and others all share in the challenge of responding to counterfeit goods and product protection issues. A-CAPP is an independent, interdisciplinary evidence-based hub, offering research, educational programs, information, and partnership opportunities designed to assist in protecting brands and products of all industries worldwide.
Described by the FBI as the crime of the 21st century, product counterfeiting accounts for an estimated $600 billion in global trade and wreaks dire global health, safety and economic consequences on individuals, corporations, government and society. Through the A-CAPP and its partners, you will find information designed to help you navigate the strategic, technological, legislative, and legal challenges of anti-counterfeiting and product protection programs.
- ACAPP releases new Backgrounder Series, "The Role of Packaging in Brand Protection"
- A-CAPP Research on Brand Protection published in Global Edge Business Review
- A-CAPP article "Who Are the Guardians in Product Counterfeiting? A Theoretical Application of Routine Activities..." published.
- A-CAPP releases new Backgrounder Series, "The Nexus Between Terrorism and U.S. Product Counterfeiting
- A-CAPP signs MOU with China's Quality Brands Protection Committee (QBPC)
- A-CAPP Team releases new research on terrorism and product counterfeiting in Global Crime
- A-CAPP releases new Backgrounder Series "Distinguishing Counterfeit from Authorized Retailers in the Virtual Marketplace".
- A-CAPP research published in International Criminal Justice Review, "Distinguishing Counterfeit from Authorized Retailers..."
- A-CAPP releases new Paper Series, "Assessing the Risks of Counterfeiting and Illicit Diversion for Health Care Products"
- New A-CAPP Backgrounder, "Anti-Counterfeit Strategy for Brand Owners"
- A-CAPP to offer a graduate and undergraduate course in summer 2014
- A-CAPP featured on NBC's Science 360 Network Science of Innovation: Anti-Counterfeiting Devices
- Law Enforcement Training Videos Released
- MSU offers first graduate certificate in anti-counterfeiting
- Oct. 14, 2014
- Nov. 19, 2014 to Nov. 22, 2014
- Feb. 5, 2015