A-CAPP is now a formal MSU Center. After four years of steady growth, accomplishment, and development of university, industry, and others partnerships, A-CAPP just became an independent Center with support from industry, the School of Criminal Justice, and the Colleges of Social Science, Business, Engineering, and Communication Arts and Sciences. Click here to read more about it.
A-CAPP is currently recruiting for a new tenure system faculty member. Click here for more information.
The Center for Anti-Counterfeiting and Product Protection (A-CAPP) is the first and preeminent academic body focusing upon the complex global issues of anti-counterfeiting and product protection of all products, across all industries, in all markets on strategies to work effectively to detect, deter, and respond to the crime.
Brand owners, government agencies, professional associations, and others all share in the challenge of responding to counterfeit goods and product protection issues. A-CAPP is an independent, interdisciplinary evidence-based hub, offering research, educational programs, information, and partnership opportunities designed to assist in protecting brands and products of all industries worldwide.
Described by the FBI as the crime of the 21st century, product counterfeiting accounts for an estimated $600 billion in global trade and wreaks dire global health, safety and economic consequences on individuals, corporations, government and society. Through the A-CAPP and its partners, you will find information designed to help you navigate the strategic, technological, legislative, and legal challenges of anti-counterfeiting and product protection programs.
Jeremy M. Wilson, Director of the A-CAPP provides an overview of the program.
- A-CAPP releases new Paper Series, "Assessing the Risks of Counterfeiting and Illicit Diversion for Health Care Products"
- New A-CAPP Backgrounder, "Anti-Counterfeit Strategy for Brand Owners"
- A-CAPP to offer a graduate and undergraduate course in summer 2014
- A-CAPP featured on NBC's Science 360 Network Science of Innovation: Anti-Counterfeiting Devices
- Law Enforcement Training Videos Released
- MSU offers first graduate certificate in anti-counterfeiting